Win a Copy of Safe Haven: NYGossipGirl Giveaway
Safe Haven arrives May 7 on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
The film follows a mysterious, beautiful woman named Katie (Hough), who moves to Southport, North Carolina and sparks the interest of locals, especially Alex (Duhamel), a handsome widower. Although she is attracted to Alex, Katie is reluctant to trust him – that is, until a new friend (Cobie Smulders) convinces her to give Alex a chance. But before long, a dark secret from Katie’s past threatens her happiness.
Unlike Katie, Hough’s character in the film, women don’t have to be in love with the wrong person to risk getting hurt, which is why Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment created a list of 10 key self-defense tips for women:
- Trust your instincts. If something feels wrong, odds are something is wrong.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Always walk in well-lit areas
- Walk close to the curb, facing oncoming traffic
- Carry bags close to your body
- If a robber asks for your wallet, don’t hand it to them – toss it as far away from you as possible and run in the opposite direction
- Don’t be afraid to get hurt while staying safe! Need to jump out of a window or a moving vehicle? Do it.
- Use objects in your environment to your advantage: Smash a window, pull a fire alarm, or throw a chair
- Yell. Yelling increases power as much as 33 percent and can attract help.
- Use your elbow – it is the strongest point in your body, don’t be afraid to elbow someone who is hurting you.
- Been thrown in the trunk of a car? No worries, kick out the taillights, stick your arms out and wave!
In order to win your very own copy of Safe Haven on Blu-ray, please answer the trivia question below:
Who plays the male lead in Safe Haven?
- Ryan Gosling
- James Franco
- Josh Duhamel
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Tobey Maguire